Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fiorela
Helper I
Helper I

date filter - joined tables

Hi guys, 

I have two tables joined by URL:

Table1

dateurlUserCategory
3/26/2020 18:30ht//hellojuanA
2/2/2020 17:15ht//goodbyepeterB

3000 rows like this with different users.

Table2

dateurl
3/23/2020 18:30ht//goodbye
3/10/2020 17:15ht//hello

and I would like filter a table (or matrix) by Date of Table2 (is on or after 3/23/2020). i.e, I would like to see all users (table1) that have a particular URL after 3/23/2020 (table2).

I've put the field in filter pane, but it doesn't work. It appears that "is on or after" doesnt filter the date as I want. It only show one rows. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fiorela ,

We can create a measur as below and make the table visual filtered by it.

Measure = 
VAR seled =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table (2)'[date] )
VAR ur =
    MAX ( 'Table (2)'[url] )
RETURN
    IF (
        MAX ( 'Table 1'[date] ) >= seled
            && MAX ( 'Table 1'[url] ) = ur,
        BLANK ()
    )

Capture.PNG

Pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

sadly it didn't work. In your example, the date 3/26/2020 should even appear and it does not. Thanks anyway for your time.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@fiorela I guess in your relationship Table2 is on one side of the relationship, correct?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

yes, correct !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors