Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarcUrdang
Post Patron
Post Patron

date creation

Good afternoon

I have two tables. In the one I split a particular date into a DAY , MONTH and YEAR. I need to use the MONTH and YEAR from this table and the DAY from another table in this way:  

Payment Date = date('Payment Summary'[Payment Year],'Payment Summary'[Payment MONTH use],'Payment Summary'[Payment DAY related])

However as I add data into the Excel datasource I get this error (although it mostly happens .. it sometimes doesn't) and I have no idea why. The error is:  An argument of function 'DATE' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small

I have no idea how to resolve this. Is there a better way to join those columns into a DATE?

thanks
Marc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have issues with Teams. It doesn't work well with me.

But send me your email and I'll send you a Zoom meeting invitation.

Ken Tyler

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!

Join the conversation at We Talk BI find out more about me at Slow BI

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

VAR pay_year ='Payment Summary'[Payment Year]

VAR pay_month = 'Payment Summary'[Payment MONTH use]

VAR pay_day = 'Payment Summary'[Payment DAY related]

VAR pay_year_OK = pay_year >0

VAR pay_month_OK = pay_month > 0 && pay_month <=12

VAR pay_day_OK = pay_day > 0 && pay_day <=31

Result = IF(pay_year_OK && pay_month_OK && pay_day_OK,date(pay_year,pay_month,pay_day), "Error in year, month or day")

RETURN Result

You could put more complex logic on the limits for pay_day depending on the value of pay_month

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!