Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

date converted into MMYYYY format but I am getting the values as DDMMYYYY format records

chandru123_0-1601458615081.png

Hi  I have converted the date format to MMYYYY format in above image  . And i have used the same in table visualisation with Dont Summarise option. The output i need is as below but i am getting as above image . 

chandru123_1-1601458738894.png

Please do the needful as soon as possible.

thank you in advance . 

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Same values will always group or summarize in all visuals

In case you need all values. add index column and add that in visual

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45715963/creating-an-index-column-for-power-bi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I didnt get the answer , 

I need group by for Month wise not values wise 

Anonymous
Not applicable

chandru123_0-1601461269316.png

Hi @amitchandak ,

In the above image , If we see the 2nd visual , I have selected Decmeber 2014 but it is reflecting as 1st December 2014 which is wrong for my analysis .

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have change the Aggregation type of the Budget Hours , Actual Hours and Hours Utilized% to sum?

Capture3.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Changing the format of the column doesn't change the data. So underneath it still thinks ists showing days. You need to add a new column that formats the date.

Then when you aggregate it will be at the month level

@Anonymous , Can you check Aggregation is Budget and Hours also. Seem like one of them is either text or aggregation is not summarize.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.