Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nceziakor
Frequent Visitor

dataset access

I am unable to locate and access the datasets needed for my Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI class, can someone please assist me with this? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @nceziakor,

What data source do you want to connect with?

You could find the data source that Power BI support in Get Data.

Untitled.png

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-data-sources

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

I really appreciate your response on this. I am trying to follow the powerpoint examples being used but unable to pull any of the example data sources being referenced. When I go through the steps you provided, its just comes up empty, I don't see any data in any section under get data. Is there any please where these data sources are located where I need to go get and upload into my PowerBI software? Im just totally confused.

Thanks

Niky 

Hi @nceziakor,

What data source do you want to connect with? PowerPoint? It may not the supported data source in Power BI.

You could find the supported data source under Get Data.

When I go through the steps you provided, its just comes up empty, I don't see any data in any section under get data. Is there any please where these data sources are located where I need to go get and upload into my PowerBI software? Im just totally confused.

Could you show the screenshoots about your issue ' its just comes up empty' so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Screenshots:

file:///C:/Users/nceziakor/Pictures/jewelry/Power%20BI%20datasource%20Issue.pdf

Is there a contact line I can reach to speak with someone about this issue? Messaging can be a bit delaying and I really haven't put in much study time because of this issue. Thanks for all your help.

-Niky

Hi @nceziakor,

What is the data source do you want to connect? 

Besides, I cannot see your screenshots, you could post it as a photo in the reply box.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

I can not upload screenshot through the photos as I keep getting an error when I do. Please is there anyone I can talk to on phone about my issue or on instant messaging somehow to help resolve me issue quickly. I have just about a month left with this class and I am still unable connect to the access database needed to work on my labs for the class. Whenever I connect to the access database on the PowerBI program through 'get data' and selecting the acess database I downloaded from the classroom. I constantly receive this error message.

Details: "Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'PowerBI1.accdb'. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

I have tried everything possible, I have downloaded the 64-bit version and even tried simply importing the date into PowerBI and I receive another error mesage that the file is corrupt. Please I really need someone to help me on this matter on phone or via hangouts to help troubleshoot. Thanks for all your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.