cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivien

data update error & wrong data mailchimp

Hi,

I have two issues.

The first one appears when i want to refresh the data. It says that there are 115 lines can't be loaded. when I click on the error it shows me this query

= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Beibehaltene Fehler", {"Zeilennummer", "id", "create_time", "start_time", "status", "emails_sent", "recipients", "settings", "tracking", "trigger_settings", "report_summary", "_links"})

The other issue is that if i compare the data of Power Bi with the data of Mailchimp they are a little bit different.

Maybe some one has the same issue and can help me to fix these problems.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Vivien

data update error & wrong data mailchimp

Hi,

I have two issues.

The first one appears when i want to refresh the data. It says that there are 115 lines can't be loaded. when I click on the error it shows me this query

= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Beibehaltene Fehler", {"Zeilennummer", "id", "create_time", "start_time", "status", "emails_sent", "recipients", "settings", "tracking", "trigger_settings", "report_summary", "_links"})

The other issue is that if i compare the data of Power Bi with the data of Mailchimp they are a little bit different.

Maybe some one has the same issue and can help me to fix these problems.

Thanks

Community Support
Community Support

Re: data update error & wrong data mailchimp

Hi @Vivien,

#1,  It seems like power query faced issue when load some records from your datasource during refresh.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you navigate to original query table and double check your records if them contains some error which removed by M query remove error functions.(e.g. records value error, they can't matched to original column type, table structure not matched to store original table structure...)

Error-handling in Power Query

#2. I'm not so clear for this, can you please explain more about this issue.

Power bi use mailchimp api to get data, it might be contains the delay on data.

In addition, this type of data source not a live connection datasource, your report not auto update, you need to refresh button to get newest data.

Mailchimp API Best Practices

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly
Learning resources: Power BI
Vivien

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

I had a closer look at it, but I still can't figure out why exactly it isn't working. Maybe these pictures can help. 

image.png

image.png

Regarding the second issue. The data I mean is not the real time data or data of two days ago. When I refresh the data there are still divergences in data which were collected 2 weeks ago. So I think there isn't a delay problem. 

Thanks, 

Vivien

Community Support
Community Support

HI @Vivien,

According to your error message, it seems mentioned power query can't find out data filed "report_summary".

Please review all steps to see where the issue appears at first. If your table not contains this fields, please remove the reference of this fields on each steps.

BTW, power query not support dynamic table structure, if you modify source data structure(add or remove columns) and it can't match to cached table structure, power bi will display fields error.

Handling Added Or Missing Columns In Power Query

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly
Learning resources: Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors