Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vivien

data update error & wrong data mailchimp

Hi,

I have two issues.

The first one appears when i want to refresh the data. It says that there are 115 lines can't be loaded. when I click on the error it shows me this query

= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Beibehaltene Fehler", {"Zeilennummer", "id", "create_time", "start_time", "status", "emails_sent", "recipients", "settings", "tracking", "trigger_settings", "report_summary", "_links"})

The other issue is that if i compare the data of Power Bi with the data of Mailchimp they are a little bit different.

Maybe some one has the same issue and can help me to fix these problems.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vivien,

#1,  It seems like power query faced issue when load some records from your datasource during refresh.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you navigate to original query table and double check your records if them contains some error which removed by M query remove error functions.(e.g. records value error, they can't matched to original column type, table structure not matched to store original table structure...)

Error-handling in Power Query

#2. I'm not so clear for this, can you please explain more about this issue.

Power bi use mailchimp api to get data, it might be contains the delay on data.

In addition, this type of data source not a live connection datasource, your report not auto update, you need to refresh button to get newest data.

Mailchimp API Best Practices

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

I had a closer look at it, but I still can't figure out why exactly it isn't working. Maybe these pictures can help. 

image.png

image.png

Regarding the second issue. The data I mean is not the real time data or data of two days ago. When I refresh the data there are still divergences in data which were collected 2 weeks ago. So I think there isn't a delay problem. 

Thanks, 

Vivien

HI @Vivien,

According to your error message, it seems mentioned power query can't find out data filed "report_summary".

Please review all steps to see where the issue appears at first. If your table not contains this fields, please remove the reference of this fields on each steps.

BTW, power query not support dynamic table structure, if you modify source data structure(add or remove columns) and it can't match to cached table structure, power bi will display fields error.

Handling Added Or Missing Columns In Power Query

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Vivien

Hi,

I have two issues.

The first one appears when i want to refresh the data. It says that there are 115 lines can't be loaded. when I click on the error it shows me this query

= Table.ReorderColumns(#"Beibehaltene Fehler", {"Zeilennummer", "id", "create_time", "start_time", "status", "emails_sent", "recipients", "settings", "tracking", "trigger_settings", "report_summary", "_links"})

The other issue is that if i compare the data of Power Bi with the data of Mailchimp they are a little bit different.

Maybe some one has the same issue and can help me to fix these problems.

Thanks

Hi @Vivien I know this reply is very late lol. Since there’s no built-in connector for Mailchimp to PBI anymore, you would have to look for another way. As a workaround, maybe you can use a 3rd party connector, it can save you a lot of time compared to other options. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Mailchimp connector in the data sources list:

MAILCHIMP-1.jpg

After that, you will have to first create a secret API key in your Mailchimp account and then using your credentials add your account to the platform.

MAILCHIMP-2.jpg

Once you’ve done this, you can proceed and go to the “Preview and destination” step

MAILCHIMP-3.jpg

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.