Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

data table : Fetch me the latest date row based on dimension column

Hello i am trying to create a table in data view, below is the sample data

metric_datemetric_idmetric_results_statusLevel I Risk
10/31/2020 0:001799320AmberIS
9/30/2020 0:001799320REDIS
8/31/2020 0:001799320AmberIS
7/31/2020 0:001799320AmberIS
9/30/2020 0:001799321GreenAS
8/31/2020 0:001799321AmberAS

i need to get the metricID,results_status,metric_date and level1risk column such that it has to find the latest metric date and fetch me that row.
for an exmple for the metricID : 1799320 the latest date is 31st october, so fetch me only that row and similarly for metricID : 1799321 fetch me sept row as it is the latest date for that ID.

i tried using summarize, calculatetable and filter but i am not able to get desired results.
Could someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

Create new Table with below DAX:

New Table = SUMMARIZE(TABLE1,TABLE1[metric_id],"Date",MAX(TABLE1[metric_date]),"Metric_Status",MAX(TABLE1[metric_results_status]),"Level Risk",MAX(TABLE1[Level I Risk]))

Capture.PNG
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Simple way to do it by selecting "Latest" option on Metrics_Date, Metrics_Result_Status, and Level I Risk columns on the table visual likethe below screen shot:

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

Thanks for the response.

I am creating a table in data view pane. could you please let me know how can i achieve that.

Regards,

D

@Anonymous ,

Create new Table with below DAX:

New Table = SUMMARIZE(TABLE1,TABLE1[metric_id],"Date",MAX(TABLE1[metric_date]),"Metric_Status",MAX(TABLE1[metric_results_status]),"Level Risk",MAX(TABLE1[Level I Risk]))

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Tahreem24 for the quick response.

Regards,

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.