Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

data source error

Hi guys,

We have share PBI file on share drive..one of my collegue have power BI version of 2.39 and i have installed power BI 2.40 version. so we refreshed the dashboard from 2.39 version of PBI but when i open same PBI file and when i go to the edit queries it shows me data source error.....what could be reason behind it?...how can i overcome with this????

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Can you access Z:\XYZ\Activity_data\promotion_activity_data.xlsx in your machine?

If not, you need to map the network location as Z: firstly.

data source error_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

Thank you so much.now its working properly.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Can you access Z:\XYZ\Activity_data\promotion_activity_data.xlsx in your machine?

If not, you need to map the network location as Z: firstly.

data source error_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source Error:Could not find file:Z:\XYZ\Activity_data\promotion_activity_data.xlsx

Details:Z:\XYZ\Activity_data\promotion_activity_data.xlsx

This is the error i m getting..please help me with this to resolve.

It is excel file not sql server.

thank you

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

What is the detailed data source error message? What is the data source of the shared PBI file? The PBI version should not be the cause.

If data source is something like SQL Server, you need to make sure that you can also get data from that SQL Server from your own machine with proper network permissions. You can try to create a new PBI file and get data from the same data source on your own machine to see if it is OK.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.