Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hein
Frequent Visitor

data refreshes visualizations not

Hi,

I'm using ODBC with a postgres and personal Gateway to auto-refresh visualizations on a Live Page pinned dashboard.
I can see, by the REFRESHED: option, that the data is refreshed, but the visualisations don't change on the dashboard.

Only when I press F5 or go to the report the visualizations show the refreshed data.

How can I get the visualizations to refresh when the data is refreshed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Hein,

Based on feedback form power bi team, by default the visual which you use "pin live page" mode will not auto refresh. You need to refresh manual or set the web browser auto refresh parameter.

For detail information, you can refer to below link:

Auto update of dashboards

In addition, you can also submit your requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hein,

You can take a look at below article to know more about the power bi data refresh:

Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft,

I already read this article but I couldn't not found any solution for my problem. As said, the data refreshes, but the visualizations don't.
Every article I read says that the reports and dashboards also refreshes after data-refresh, but somehow my visualizations don't. Smiley Frustrated

Whenever you refresh data in a dataset, whether by using Refresh Now or by setting up a refresh schedule, Power BI uses information in the dataset to connect to the data sources defined for it, query for updated data, and then loads the updated data into the dataset. Any visualizations in your reports or dashboards based on the data are updated automatically.

Please help?!?

Regards

Hein

Hi @Hein,

Based on feedback form power bi team, by default the visual which you use "pin live page" mode will not auto refresh. You need to refresh manual or set the web browser auto refresh parameter.

For detail information, you can refer to below link:

Auto update of dashboards

In addition, you can also submit your requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for your answer. It lead me to the solution for my problem.

I have to individualy pin my tiles to the dashboard in stead of a whole report.

Regards,

Hein

Hein,

Did pinning individual tiles do the trick?  I am experiencing the opposite.  The pinned tiles do not refresh when the underlying data or report changes, whereas if I create one visual on one page and then pin the entire page then everything refreshes when I make changes to the underlying report.

This is so confusing because according to most literature out there it says that tiles refresh whereas pages do not.

HI,

Maybe it depends on the manner how you make changes or the kind of changes you make to the report.

With us, only the underlying data is changed. Not the report itself.
If we change some tiles of a report, we have to individually and manually pin the changed tiles again.

Wether a whole pinned report refreshes automatically, I have to take you for your word about that. I don't have any knowledge in that area.

Regards,

Hein

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors