Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeoYadav
Regular Visitor

data refresh to work, if other excel data source fails to refresh or is broken

Hi,

If the PBI report is based on multiple data source then what could be the method for schedule refresh to work on the web service if other excel data source is broken or fail to refresh?

Appreciate your ideas!

Thank you, 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please paste the Advanced editor code on a blank query, This might be help.

EzgiAslankara_0-1672681080736.png

If my answer helps, please accept the solution.

Regards 🙂

let

Path = "C:\Users\TR100722\Desktop\powerbi\Form.xlsx",

Result = try Binary.ToText(File.Contents(Path)),

Output =if Logical.From(Result[HasError]) then "not exist" else Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\TR100722\Desktop\powerbi\Form.xlsx"), null, true)

in

Output

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@DeoYadav Depends, you can refer to this: Dealing with errors - Power Query | Microsoft Learn. You could, for example, add a step or multiple steps that removes all errors in all columns. Thus, if there was an error involving data then this would not impact the loading of the table (it would likely load as a blank table for example) but not result in an error that would affect the other queries potentially. However, it is doubtful that the report would end up with valid information anyway.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler thank you for sharing, will go through it and try if it works for me. in my case, I'm using excel data on the cloud and other data sources too.

thank you.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You should use a data gateway if you have a data source that is on premises not on cloud, and you should setup the data gateway in the service. Also the server which has the datasets should be turned On when the data is refreshing.

Here is a link on data gateway https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

@Idrissshatila data is on the cloud in my case. thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.