Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshweky
Helper III
Helper III

data refresh failure

I am having constant issues with my data not refreshing. The most common failure I receive is due to "internal service error".

For the past few days, my refresh is taking hours and ends up timing out. It usually takes 2 minutes?!

Microsoft keeps telling me to delete dataset and reload, but then I lose all my roles!

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sshweky

What is your data source? Are you using gateway and if it works well? If the report is published from PBI Desktop, maybe you can try to refresh the data on PBI Desktop firstly and republish the report to Service. Sometimes there are some known issues on Service, you can take a look at the support site when you have issues related to Service.

There is also some official documents can be used to troubleshoot the refresh scenarios.

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sshweky Without specific error details it is hard to find out the cause. "Internal service error" usualy means it is something to do with power bi service. I know that around time updates are pushed to power bi service you usually face this type of issues. I would suggest wait and monitor it for few days and if problem still happens then perhaps try as MS suggested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.