Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

data labels

How do I get data labels to show on a bar graph?   I can see the label when I hover over the column but I need the lable to show permentaly for an executive report.   I.e.  inventory amount per month in one column.  We only can show the amount but not the month name. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous ,

Looking at this post it seems power bi doesn't support it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-show-detailed-Labels-and-count-both-for-clustered-column/td-p/465975

You can go thru the steps in this post.

May be it helps you.

Thanks,

Tejaswi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you try this option? Turn that ON.

Capture5.PNG

Thanks,

Tejaswi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when I turned that data labels on, I get the amounts.   I was hoping for the column name to show. 

As an example, the labels for the green boxes will show 20 but I want them to show January which is the data columnn its pulling the value from. 

powerbi example.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous ,

Looking at this post it seems power bi doesn't support it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-show-detailed-Labels-and-count-both-for-clustered-column/td-p/465975

You can go thru the steps in this post.

May be it helps you.

Thanks,

Tejaswi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.   I guess I'll need to consider other tool options at this point.   I hope they have a future feature planned for data labels.   Our pviot table business folks require similar features before migrating over to PowerBI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.