Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

data flow not available on power bi desktop

I created a data stream with a premium power bi account, but when I access this data stream through the power bi desktop with the same user this data flow is not displayed but logged in the power bi desktop with another user I can upload this same data flow, this other account that worked is a pro account.

Why does it happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Try the following steps:

1. clear cache of your desktop:

Turn to menu bar-> click“file”-> “options and settings”->”options”, then under “global ”->”data load”, find “clear cache”:

131.png

2.Then turn to the menu bar,  click “Home”->”edit queries’’->”data source settings”, then find “Global Permissions”->”clear permissions”:

132.png

131.png

3.Finally “Get Data” from “Power BI datasets”, you will find a “sign in ”window->”Sign in”:

134.png

By the way, please update Power BI desktop to the latest version.

Hope this time would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I’m a little confused about “data steam ”you said, do you mean “dataflow” or “dataset”?

If it is “dataflow”,  you need to check the credential, steps are as below:

1.Turn to the menu bar,  click “Home”->”edit queries’’->”data source settings”, then find “Global Permissions”-> ”clear permissions”:

1111.png222.jpg

2.Then “Get Data” from “Power BI datasets”, you will find a “sign in ”window->”Sign in”:

444.png

Pls note that “dataflow ” is associated with “credentials ”,be sure that you are using a correct credential.

If it’s a “dataset ”issue, pls let me know, I’ ll check and find a solution.

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

would be data flow anyway, and this procedure was already done anyway the error still occurs

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Try the following steps:

1. clear cache of your desktop:

Turn to menu bar-> click“file”-> “options and settings”->”options”, then under “global ”->”data load”, find “clear cache”:

131.png

2.Then turn to the menu bar,  click “Home”->”edit queries’’->”data source settings”, then find “Global Permissions”->”clear permissions”:

132.png

131.png

3.Finally “Get Data” from “Power BI datasets”, you will find a “sign in ”window->”Sign in”:

134.png

By the way, please update Power BI desktop to the latest version.

Hope this time would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.