Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nidhya
Employee
Employee

dashboard sharing not working

Hi,

I have deployed content pack that has been published. Now i have unlocked pack and personalized and saved the dashboard. Now am trying to share dashboard and its throwing error like

"You dont have permission to share this dashboard"

This content pact has been shared to Security group and am part of the group. Previously we were able to share this but for past few days we were not able to. Please suggest the cause if you haev faced similar issue.

7 REPLIES 7

I have the same issue as teh OP, and I don't think this is working properly.  Here is my use case.

1.  I have created a content pack and made it available to approved users.

2.  The user connects to the content pack

3. The user copys the dashboard (and hence reports and data sets).

4.  The user modifies the reports and dashboards in their own local copy of the content pack.

5.  The user cannot share this copy of the content pack as it says they are not the owner.  "You don't have permissions to share this dashboard".  

There are no settings I can see that allow the creator of the content pack to give permissions for people to share copies.  So how can someone share their ad hoc work?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I have the exact problem. Moreover the original owner cant share it either. Microsoft, where are you?

Not the idea fix, but add the dashboard to your favourites and then share from there.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I have the same issue as teh OP, and I don't think this is working properly.  Here is my use case.

1.  I have created a content pack and made it available to approved users.

2.  The user connects to the content pack

3. The user copys the dashboard (and hence reports and data sets).

4.  The user modifies the reports and dashboards in their own local copy of the content pack.

5.  The user cannot share this copy of the content pack as it says they are not the owner.  "You don't have permissions to share this dashboard".  

There are no settings I can see that allow the creator of the content pack to give permissions for people to share copies.  So how can someone share their ad hoc work?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

1.  I have created a Dashboard based on spreadsheets  and trying to share with user the dashboard using share option. and send an email notification to users.

2. User trying to login into Power BI by using Google Chrome browser. 

3.  Users getting an error message "soryy We could not find the dashboard".

4.  when users are click on link from email notification. they could see the dasboard.

why user could not able open the dashboard from app.powerbi.com link?

Any idea on this MattAllington ?

I have not had any updates from MS.   There are a lot more MS staff watching the forums now.  Let's see if there is a reply.

ericleslima
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Nidhya You are a owner of dashboard? Only the owner can set the option " Allow recipients to share your dashboard".

See the documentation: click here

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.