Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rjunai200
Helper I
Helper I

dashboard - how to pin slicers only.

was to be able to pin induavidual visuals as tiles in my dashboard but the thing is that i have slicers as well that are connected to these graphs and tables how will i be able to do it? i wanted to able to use the focus mode which i cant right now for some reason and i think its because my report has too much stuff?

10 REPLIES 10
davidwoodward
Frequent Visitor

Did a related feature ever get implemented?  I'm trying to do the same today and am not seeing how it's possible.  Any words of wisdom?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried looking for a slicer that is pinnable but haven't found one yet. I also tried creating the slicer on a separate page, and pinning the page, which worked, but the slicer won't update the other pinned visuals from the same pbix.

I truly wish that Microsoft actually looked at these boards. I need this to work. As it is, I have to create a pbix page that looks like a dasboard with slicer, and pinning that to a dashboard. That's the only thing I've found that works so far.

vishal0soni
Advocate III
Advocate III

In Dashboards, the Q&A feature should be used, as it provides much better experience than slicers. 

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Pinning slicers isn't all to useful since pinned visuals don't ineract with anything on the dashboard view. Clicking on a pinned visual just brings you to the visual's origin report page.

You can pin a whole report page as a live page, so that any changes you make in that report page will be reflected in the live page you pinned to your dashboard.

Um, it's incredibly useful.  

1. Multiple Visuals or KPIs are modified to the same context (i.e. set of slicer values) for comparison. 

2. When the executive wants to get further detail then they click on the visual to jump to the detail page. 

This could be avoided with the live page if there were an ability to link to other reports.

this is the default use for dashboards.  You can do it in Tableau, you used to be able to do it in PerformancePoint.

Um, it's incredibly useful.  

1. Multiple Visuals or KPIs are modified to the same context (i.e. set of slicer values) for comparison. 

2. When the executive wants to get further detail then they click on the visual to jump to the detail page. 

This could be avoided with the live page if there were an ability to link to other reports.

this is the default use for dashboards.  You can do it in Tableau, you used to be able to do it in PerformancePoint.

ya thats how i have it currently. pinned as my whole page. but i want users to be able to see information they want based on the information they want to select. but i liked how the tiles are but i am guessing it wont work like that?

I've struggled with this in the past as well.  I created a simplified report page that emulated the look I wanted for my dashboard, and then pinned this page live to the dashboard with no other dynamic tiles added.  My slicers now work as expected, but users need to navigate to various pages in my report after "clicking through" the dashboard.  I think I can improve this now that Bookmarks are supported, simplifying intra-report navigation.

Hi rjunai200,

Do you want to get global filter in dashboard? If that is the case, Power Bi team is working through the design for this feature, you can vote this issue and add your comment in the following idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6674820-global-filter-in-dashboar...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A dashboard can contain charts from multiple reports. That’s why a sliver doesn't make sense on a dashboard, because the slicer can't filter all charts/datasets.

Your user must click on the charts to drill down into the report and there they can filter the data with the slicers. E.g. you can tell this your users by a textbox with an explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.