Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tusharj
Employee
Employee

custom connectors in powerbi not working

I am working on the custom connector and for some reason the PowerBI desktop is not able to recognise the .mez file under

Documents\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors

I have updated the security setting in the PowerBI desktop options and have restarted the PowerBI.

Here is my desktop version

PowerBI-Version.JPG

Anyone has any suggestions what could be the issue here?

thanks

tushar j

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tusharj
Employee
Employee

The issue got resolved in sometime.

Learning is PowerBI project in VS does not error build if you do “Build Solution” it blindly generates a .mez file (giving an illusion that everything is good) but when you do “Debug -> Start” is when it errors showing the exact problem. Thread closed. I am back in business.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tusharj
Employee
Employee

The issue got resolved in sometime.

Learning is PowerBI project in VS does not error build if you do “Build Solution” it blindly generates a .mez file (giving an illusion that everything is good) but when you do “Debug -> Start” is when it errors showing the exact problem. Thread closed. I am back in business.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tusharj ,

Have you istalled the sdk ? Could you please install that and check again. Btw,please share the screenshot of your issue. 

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.