Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

custom column won't show

Hello PBI community,

I have a problem with a custom column I have made. The values won't show in the slicer as described: HERE 

In Power BI Desktop, i can get the following view: Note here that the status "bogførte" is visible

bogførte.PNG

When going to PBI Service, i get the following visual: (please note that the status "Bogførte" is not there.

bogførte2.PNG

How can this be?

I do not know what to do amout this, as there is no problem when doing the analysis in Desktop, but it cannot be shown in service 😞

Please help me, I am out of good ideas. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

I have been in contact with the support team, but ended up solving it my self. 

By changing the Datatype from text to numbers and back again, and createing a new (but the same) culuom, I could suddenly see the 'lost option' in Power BI Service. 🙂 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

I have been in contact with the support team, but ended up solving it my self. 

By changing the Datatype from text to numbers and back again, and createing a new (but the same) culuom, I could suddenly see the 'lost option' in Power BI Service. 🙂 

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Please double check if any filter is selected while publishing this report to PBI service. OR also check the bookmark if any.

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Tahreem24 

There are no filters on the report:

Filtre.PNG

and I haven't used any Booksmarks (haven't figured out how they work).

The wierd thing is, that it can show me everything in Desktop, but when publishing in Service, it won't show the Bogførte in status. 

@Anonymous ,

Are you using any RLS on your report?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I am using RLS

@Anonymous  if possible so can you just upload the some record lets say 10-20 rows of data by including your Custom Column Status so I will check at my side. (Please mask any confidential data)

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I uploade an example without confidential data?

@Anonymous ,

Just randomly put 10 records of your Status custom column in an excel or PBIX file. Nothing more than that.

Cause I tried to take 3 record of yout status value and abled to see on PBI service. (Screen shot is attached).

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

@Anonymous ,

You need have a cloud storage such as Onedrive or Google Drive where you can put your file. After that you create a shareable link that you can insert in your post enabling people to download the pbix. 

@Anonymous ,

Refer below Video for your reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOlCXwGNODs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahreem24 

the problem isn't that I can't get PBI to show me the status. It can be showed in Desktop, but it is like it gets lost when i try to uploade it to servie. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.