Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UK_User123456
Resolver I
Resolver I

custom button

Hi All,

I created a custom button to link as a bookmark to 3 graphs that have been overlapped, which worked out correctly, but for some reason when I create a new graph that is seperate to the overlapping graphs, the created button is also linked to this, I have tried to uncheck the filter for the new graph but this doesnt work.....

Any ideas?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A dummy report would be great,

If understand right the 4th graph should not be visible when a button is pressed, is this correct?

Sorry for all the question. English is not my first language so i'm just making sure i understand the issue correctly

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Have you updated the bookmark after you created the 4th graph?

Capture.PNG

Hi @Gregory_Felton , many thanks for your response, I didnt know I had to update the bookmarks, is that for each bookmark that I have for each of the graphs apart from the 4th?

Yeah, you will need to update all bookmarks where the new graph should not be used.

It's one of the limitations and considerations of bookmarks

Capture.PNG

Ok thats fine, but even after I update its still changing the 4th graph when I dont want it too, are you able to let me know how to fix it? Im new to Power BI.

Sure, but you would need to explain further what exactly your bookmarks should achieve.

Are you hiding the graphs until the button is pressed for example

Yes you are correct, I am hiding the graphs until the button is pressed (I have 3 buttons one for each graph), but the 4th graph should not change when the button(s) are pressed.

When you say change, what exactly should not change?

Is the data on the 4th graph filtered when you press a button?

Also just to make sure, you don't have the possibility to share the pbix as it would make it very easy to give the correct solution if i could see the report myself

Unfortunately I cannot share the pbix. 

I have 3 graphs linked to 3 buttons, the buttons work correctly when clicking on them, they show the correct graph, its just when I create a brand new graph, I dont want it to be linked to any of the buttons. The 4th graph should just be independant.

I can try and create a dummy pbix for reference.

A dummy report would be great,

If understand right the 4th graph should not be visible when a button is pressed, is this correct?

Sorry for all the question. English is not my first language so i'm just making sure i understand the issue correctly

Hi @Gordonlilj - I have just managed to figure out the reason why it was populating the 4th graph, when  creating the links I had the graph selected in the selection pane when I shouldnt have, and now the issue is sorted.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.