Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cosminc
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

current selection box

Hi

how did you manage to solve this: when you  use some slicers from a page how can you see what filters are applied and what items are selected? what can i do to have the items selected on a slicer on top of its list?

more than that, when you navigate from a page where you filtered to another one how you horned on what filters and items you are on report? can i make a current selection box like on other BI softwares?

Thanks,

Cosmin

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @cosminc,

>>can i make a current selection box like on other BI softwares?

Nope, power bi not support this, I'd like to suggest you create visual with measure formula to display selection.
In addition, you can also submit an idea to ideas forum.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin

can you give me an example? i'm new on PBI

for example i use a date column and a slicer with it

what visualization and what measure i need to see what day is selected

again for a column named salesmen..if i select one of them, how can i see? - measure and visualisation

another issue is that on slicer if i select something it's not put in top of that slicer, or i don't know how; so i have a slicer with 100 items, i select the 40th item and after i don't see on that slicer or on next pages the selection; only on data vizialization a need to deduce it or what? it seems rudimentary:)

Thanks 

Cosmin

HI @cosminc,

As I said, power bi not contain visual or feature to display current selected items which filtered on current report.

In my opinion, you can write measure formula to display selected items from specific table.

Sample:

Measure =
CONCATENATEX ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), [Column Name], "," )

Reference:

ALLSELECTED Function (DAX)

CONCATENATEX Function (DAX)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

what is the wright measure if in that table a have more columns filtered? i want to display for each in the same multy-row card.

with the measure which you gave me i put only one column and it repeats many time the value selected, i want to see only once 

thanks

Cosmin

HI @cosminc,

>>with the measure which you gave me i put only one column and it repeats many time the value selected, i want to see only once 

It means you table contains duplicate records. Please try to use below formula to generate selected distinct items from specific table:

Select Item For 'Column Name' =
CALCULATE (
    CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( 'Table'[Column Name] ), [Column Name], "," ),
    ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' )
)

>>what is the wright measure if in that table a have more columns filtered? 

Allselected function with table will get all filter effects from table, if you not want other column filter effect other column you can use all select(table[column]) to instead.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi,

it doesn't work

now they appear all the possibilities from a column, each posibility once; 2 problems: 1. when i don't select anything i want to be clean without all these items and 2. when i select an item or more i want to see only them, not all items.

Thanks for your help,

Cosmin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.