Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dave_Delfino
Frequent Visitor

cumulative line chart: different results over different timelines?

Hello everybody and thank you in advance for helping me out here!

I'm trying to extend the shown line-charts with an "actual hours used" curve (shown as yellow) comming from the [as-is Date (release)] column (found in the "PDL2" table)

.6 line chart.PNG

There are a few problems with that particular graph:

tha measure is calculated the exact same way as the [cumulated sum effort buffer](green)and the [aggriegierte sum Effort](black)

But the yellow graph won't cumulate when I'm trying to plot it over [Date]. It also doesn't start on the 1st of January.

So I tried plotting it over the [as-is Date (release)]-column in a seperate line-chart2 as is release over as is date.PNG3 as is release over date.PNG

plotting it over the [as-is Date (release)] column seems to work but has a weird offset (about 34354 hours). However, plotting it over [Date] results in an uncumulated graph and a shifted start-date again.

Has anybody encountered this kind of problem before or has any ideas? Again, thank you in advance!

In the following i'll show a few background-information:4 data relations.PNG5 pdl2 table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @v-chuncz-msft,

i actually solved the problem earlier.

solved problem with a few extra measuressolved problem with a few extra measures

the problem was that i tried to force the [As-Is Date (Release)] column into the chart by using the following code while all the other graphs are using the [Date] column for plotting:

actual effort = CALCULATE(
[SUM EFFORT 2];Filter(ALLNOBLANKROW([As-Is Date (Release)]);[As-Is Date (Release)]<=max([As-Is Date (Release)])))

The Solution was to let Power Bi "map" the As-Is Date Column onto the 'Zeitsreifen'[Date] column by it self using the relationship i established in the "relation-screen" and the following code which doesn't contain the wanted [As-Is Date(Release)] column at all:

[SUM EFFORT 2];Filter(ALLNOBLANKROW('Zeitstreifen'[Date]);Zeitstreifen[Date]<=max(Zeitstreifen[Date])))

I needed a good amount of time understanding this "maping"-thing, but now everything seems fine 🙂

nevertheless, thanks for the help 🙂

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Dave_Delfino,

You may try dragging date from a calendar table and apply virtual relationship in DAX to add an appropriate measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chuncz-msft,

i actually solved the problem earlier.

solved problem with a few extra measuressolved problem with a few extra measures

the problem was that i tried to force the [As-Is Date (Release)] column into the chart by using the following code while all the other graphs are using the [Date] column for plotting:

[SUM EFFORT 2];Filter(ALLNOBLANKROW([As-Is Date (Release)]);[As-Is Date (Release)]<=max([As-Is Date (Release)])))

The Solution was to let Power Bi "map" the As-Is Date Column onto the 'Zeitsreifen'[Date] column by it self using the relationship i established in the "relation-screen" and the following code which doesn't contain the wanted [As-Is Date(Release)] column at all:

[SUM EFFORT 2];Filter(ALLNOBLANKROW('Zeitstreifen'[Date]);Zeitstreifen[Date]<=max(Zeitstreifen[Date])))

I needed a good amount of time understanding this "maping"-thing, but now everything seems fine 🙂

nevertheless, thanks for the help 🙂

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.