Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vehau1
Helper I
Helper I

csv file doesn't load

My csv file (local) looks fine in preview and while I am assessing it in power query. However, when I hit apply, it starts downloading but freezes. This is what it looks like:

2019-10-01_11-02-12.png

This has happened with a couple of csv files. It never loads the file.

What is strange is that some other files with the same format and which are even bigger files, are loaded. But not with this one. Why?

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vehau1 ,

How long has the freeze lasted? Will it eventually load? The performance depends on your CPU.

As for the method you said, I think it is feasible, but the speed is not satisfactory.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi!

If I apply one unpivoting step, it loads, but really slowly. If I apply all the unpivoting steps, it "never" starts loading (I let it try for 30 min or so).

I am trying to do the same in dataflows now. Hopefully, PBI service server is faster than my own CPU.

vehau1
Helper I
Helper I

It seems like maybe my RAM limit is exceeded? I am doing big transformations to the data set (unpivoting groups of columns).
Now, I tried to apply one single unpivot-step. It loads, but is incredibly slow. Is it an idea to do this query in data flows in Power Bi Service, and download the finished data set from there?

vehau1
Helper I
Helper I

I now tried to apply the query with the raw data file (no steps added in power query). Then it loads. So something goes wrong when applying steps to the data file

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.