Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ccsrtw
Helper I
Helper I

creating a measure using to data tables and one calendar table

I have two tables - one hosts closed deals (Closed) and the other hosts demos ran (Demos). Both tables have their own date column and their own rep column.

I'm leveraging two lookup tables, a calendar table (BasicCalendarUS) and a rep index table (RepIndex). I successfully created three active relationship - Closed to BasicCalendarUS, Closed to RepIndex, and Demos to RepIndex. Trying to link Demos to BasicCalendarUS results in an inactive single direction relationship.

So that's the current setup. My goal is to create a Close Rate measure - Deals with Demos (from the Closed table) over Total Demos (from the Demos table).  have the general gist of the formula down - DIVIDE(Deals with Demos, Total Demos) - but when I try use a timeline (MonthName) as my x-axis, the close rate does not change as I want it to. The Deals with Demos piece of the formula alters correctly, but the Total Demos does not budge from the total sum.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the BasicCalendarUS relationships - specifically that I cannot have two active relationships, one from Closed and one from Demos.

I hope I did a decent job of explaining the issue, but please let me know if I can clarify further!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the issue was your relationships cros filter behhaviour settings, they were all set to Both. a given that repIndex was joined to both closed and demo tables the basiccalennderUS table would filter Demos through Closed and RepIndex. By Updating the relationships to be single direction you are able to define an active relationship between BasicCalendarUS and Both fact tables. See Screen shot below. Your scenario does not call for any Dax aside from sum.

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 8.33.17 AM.png

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.