Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: creating a dynamic table in Power BI

sorry to be a pain

but i cannot get this to work, can you kindly upload the pbix, please.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I created this as a measure in your _Measures table.

Here's the .pbix file.  The measure is MK-Stat, and I've displayed it in a card in the bottom right, just under MATERIAL_ID_FREQUENCY

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I did the same and it produced and error. Hmmmm.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

What error are you receiving?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

If the error message is about SUMMARIZECOLUMNS and ADDMISSINGITEMS not being allowed in the current context, that's an issue with SUMMARIZECOLUMNS not playing well with slicers on multiple columns.

I re-wrote the measure to use the old ADDCOLUMNS style pattern that was used before SUMMARIZECOLUMNS was introduced:

MK-Stat = 
VAR ComplaintsByFiscalMo = ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(PMS_COMPLAINT[FISCAL_MON_START_DT]),"CountComplaints", CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(PMS_COMPLAINT)))
RETURN
SUMX(ComplaintsByFiscalMo, 
    SUMX(ComplaintsByFiscalMo,
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]>EARLIER([CountComplaints]), 1,
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]<EARLIER([CountComplaints]), -1))
    )
)

I've also re-uploaded the change in the .pbix file on Google Drive. The same link will download the newer version.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the excellent feedback. I'll have to post another question as I have just applied your calculation in the SE for and the Z test as per link and I am getting a different p value to the one showing in the main fact table in column mannkandelY. See what se and z test values u get as per link.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi silly question pms complainants Fiscal month st date is this for 12 month or 24 or 36.....what period.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I'm able to get the same p-values, though I had to set up a new measure that mimicked the calculation the website was doing to get the value in P19.  They only match when you don't have any filters applied. I assume this is how they were originally calculated.

Also, due to an overflow error, the p-value can't be displayed in the Product Complaints Totals with Trend Direction matrix, so I displayed it in a final card. You can check that it's getting the correct value by selecting a single product from the matrix.

I've re-uploaded the new file to GDrive, feel free to test it out!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You tell me. I figured it was just the start date of the current fiscal month that the complain was registered, and that if you changed your filter, it would include values from other periods.

So it should apply to whatever the filtered period is I guess?  I haven't messed with however you set that up.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mcmahan...

did you get my post on the frequncy question?

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors