Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HJA1976
Frequent Visitor

creater a matrix which calculates the flight time by pilot and typerating

Hi all! I am brand new on Power BI and I have been puzzling with the following. 

I have three data sources in Power BI. 

1) Table (Typerating) with aircraftregistration (PH-AAA and PH-BBB etc) and related typerating (Cessna Citation, Mustang, Falcon etc)- 2 columns in this datatable with all aircrafts and all typeratings

2) Table with historic flights (Flights) so far specified by aircraft registration and a crew string in which all involved pilots are included with their unique code (3 letter code each pilot) - There are many columns in this datatable. Relevant colums here are crew string ( e.g. : AAA BBB) , off block time (00:30)  and aircraft registration (PH-AAA). In each row a flight mission is included with all involved crew, aircraft, time flown etc. This is the datadump of our flight registration application with all historic data. 

3) Table with the names of all pilots (Pilots) that have been employed so far (one column with a list of all pilots with their 3 letter code). 

What I would like to do now is that I a create a certain matrix in a report which shows the following                          

Pilotcode                 Cessna Citation                      Mustang               Falcon

AAA                         1:00 

So rows in this matrix are all Pilot

so columns are all different typeratings

and values are all Total off block time in hours per pilot and per typerating. 

Above I apply a time slicer for the certain period I will select. 

The tricky thing is that in the column crewstring two of more pilots are included and in the pilottable only one. 

So what I want Power BI to do is search the flightdata for each individual pilot in the crewstring and summarize all blocktime by each individual typerating. 

So far I have not been able to succeed in that. 

Could someone helpp me out with this? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HJA1976 ,

If you can please share some sample data with expected result for test, it is hard to coding formula without any detail information.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Notice: please do mask on sensitive data before share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.