Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

im_92
Frequent Visitor

create new table with column summerizing column from other table

Hi community, 

I have a table in the following format: 

person_idquartileremission
1Q1no
1Q2no
1Q3yes
2Q1no
2Q2yes
2Q3yes
3Q1no
3Q2no
3Q3no

Now I want to create a table that shows whether a person has remission in any of the quartiles (so at least 1 yes in Q1,2 or 3). 

So this should be the output: 

person_idremission_EVER
1yes
2yes
3no

Which formula can I use for that? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@im_92 try following measure

Is Yes =
VAR __countRows = CALCULATE ( CCOUNTROWS( Table ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[person_id] ), Table[Emission] = "Yes" )
RETURN
IF ( __countRows >= 1, "Yes", "No" )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@im_92 , Try

summarize(table,person_id, "remission_EVER", if(calculate(count(Table[quartile]),Table[remission]="Yes")>0,"Yes","No"))

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@im_92 try following measure

Is Yes =
VAR __countRows = CALCULATE ( CCOUNTROWS( Table ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[person_id] ), Table[Emission] = "Yes" )
RETURN
IF ( __countRows >= 1, "Yes", "No" )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.