Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hpatel247
Helper I
Helper I

create measure based on multiple slicer selections

Hi All,

My data has a list of contacts received each month. Within that, i have 2 additional columns, Progress further with Yes, No and unknown options and other column called RAG, with RED, AMBER and GREEN options.

I am using 'Progress Further' and 'RAG' as slicer values for the users to select.

Once selected, my measure will perform calculations based on those values. e.g i have 20 contacts where 15 say 'Yes' in the progress further column.

And in the RAG column, i have 3 (2 where progress further is Yes) that say RED, 12 (10 that say Yes) that say AMBER and 4 (3 that say Yes) that say Green.

So the measures i want are:

% Contacts Progressed Further = 15/20 = 75%

% Contacts where RAG is RED = 3/20 = 15%

% Contacts where RAG is RED and Progress Further is Yes = 2/15 = 13.3%

% Contacts where RAG is AMBER = 12/20 = 60%

% Contacts where RAG is AMBER and Progress Further is Yes = 10/15 = 66.7%

% Contacts where RAG is GREEN = 4/20 = 20%

% Contacts where RAG is GREEN and Progress Further is Yes = 3/15 = 20%

Therefore, i want 1 graph with a measure which when selecting an option on the Progress Further Slicer would give you and outturn and if you also select an option from the RAG slicer, the % would change accordingly.

Is this even possible?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Hetal

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, are you saying you want 7 measures or 1 measure because you say you want 7 measures but then it seems like you want just a single measure in the visual. Can you mock up the results you want? Can you post sample data?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your email. Below is my sample data:

Contact IDContact DateProgress Further?RAG
101/06/2018YesAMBER
202/06/2018YesRED
303/06/2018YesAMBER
405/06/2018NoAMBER
505/06/2018YesAMBER
606/06/2018YesGREEN
707/06/2018NoAMBER
812/06/2018YesAMBER
914/06/2018YesGREEN
1015/06/2018NoAMBER
1118/06/2018YesAMBER
1219/06/2018YesAMBER
1320/06/2018YesRED
1422/06/2018YesAMBER
1523/06/2018NoGREEN
1624/06/2018YesAMBER
1725/06/2018YesAMBER
1828/06/2018YesGREEN
1928/06/2018NoRED
2030/06/2018YesAMBER

So to summarise, i have 20 contacts in total of which 15 say 'Yes' in the Progress Further? column and so on.

On my visual, i have the following slicers:

Slicers.jpg

Now if possible what i want to do is, if you just select Yes from the Progress Further slicer, i should calculate the % of all contacts where progress is Yes therefore the % should be 15/20 = 75%. 

If the user only selects AMBER on the RAG slicer, it should calculate the % as 13/20 = 65%

If the user selects Yes from the Progress Further slicer and GREEN on the RAG slicer, it should calculate % as 3/15 = 20%

I know this may be asking a lot but wondered if there is a way to do this and if so how. Possible that you may need a big IF statement but i can't figure out how to reference the filtered values. I can create a measure that would show me if there was a filter on a slicer using ISFILTERED and SELECTEDVALUE but cannot apply this within the IF statement

Apologies if this is still unclear.

kind regards

Hetal

kind regards

Hi @hpatel247,

I know this may be asking a lot but wondered if there is a way to do this and if so how. Possible that you may need a big IF statement but i can't figure out how to reference the filtered values. I can create a measure that would show me if there was a filter on a slicer using ISFILTERED and SELECTEDVALUE but cannot apply this within the IF statement

We could use ISFILTERED and SELECTEDVALUE in If statement. You could have a reference of the fomula below.

numerator =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( 'table'[Progress Further?] ),
    CALCULATE (
        COUNT ( 'table'[Progress Further?] ),
        FILTER (
            'table',
            'table'[Progress Further?] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table'[Progress Further?] )
        )
    ),
    IF (
        ISFILTERED ( 'table'[RAG] ),
        CALCULATE (
            COUNT ( 'table'[RAG] ),
            FILTER ( 'table', 'table'[RAG] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table'[RAG] ) )
        )
    )
)
Measure =
IF (
    AND ( ISFILTERED ( 'table'[Progress Further?] ), ISFILTERED ( 'table'[RAG] ) ),
    CALCULATE (
        DIVIDE (
            'table'[numerator],
            IF (
                AND ( ISFILTERED ( 'table'[Progress Further?] ), ISFILTERED ( 'table'[RAG] ) ),
                CALCULATE (
                    COUNT ( 'table'[Progress Further?] ),
                    FILTER (
                        ALL ( 'table' ),
                        'table'[Progress Further?] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table'[Progress Further?] )
                    )
                )
            )
        )
    )
)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.