Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tasos
Helper II
Helper II

create dynamic output

Hello,

I am trying to create something that someone must have done it before. I have seen that there are some similar topics but none of them made me solve my problem 😞 .

I want to create a dynamic output like the one below (1st group has all the SKUs with more than 10lines per day, the 2nd group has these SKUs with less than 10 and more than 5 lines per day, etc.)

1.JPG

My first approach was to create the value (Ladder) and based on that the grouping as a column. 

2.JPG

However, this is not dynamic as when I apply filters, the "ladder" and the "grouping" remain unchangeable as they are calculated based on the original total values. Therefore, I thought to create a measure instead of a column (probably something like the one below??) I am missing on how I can create the table I want from the measure (if this is the correct approach).

3.JPG 

Hopefully, it is clear what I need.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, I have found what I was looking for. I used the following link and it shows in detail the steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR_h6YTjzc

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tasos,

Can you share the pbix file please?

What's the table 'OrderBase' like?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thank you for helping me.

The "orderbase" file is the original file containing details of the orders I want to analyse (per ordernumber). I have summarised it in SKU level (Pareto table) and from this I am trying to create the desired output.

I tried to share the file but haven't hound how.

Thanks,

Tasos

Hello, I have found what I was looking for. I used the following link and it shows in detail the steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR_h6YTjzc

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.