Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erihsehc
Helper III
Helper III

create custom table issue

hi there,

I would like to create a customer table in BI like using Excel, I am thinking to use  {(1,CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[amt]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1),Sheet1[item]="1.sales"))),(2,xxx),(3,xxx)}, union function etc. I would like to create the table as screen shot below in Power BI, the row value maybe from measure or directly from data file. I am not sure if it is a good method to create data table by using formula like {1,2,3} dax function. If I created that datatable, it should be connected with slicer. I find a problem that when I create a datatable, the slicer is not working.

I created a dummy data model below, the table on right created manually, however, it is not connected with slicer. how to make a good customized datatable connected with slicer? actually, it is a very basic function in Excel, but seems to be very difficult in Power BI, thanks

data model

table cal2.JPG

Best regards

ER

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @erihsehc,

Based on my assumption, you want a calculated table like this, right?

1.PNG

However, even we create a relationship between this calculated table and source table, the [Amount] value won't be changed according to slicer selection. Because [Amount] is initialized once we created the table. In other words, the values are static in a calculated table.

Why do you need to create such a custom table? In your scenario, if you want to display value conditionally depend on slicer, you'd better use measures. For example, add [item] from 'Sheet1' into matrix rows, add measure Sum Amount=SUM(Sheet1[amt]) into matrix values. An easier way is directly add [amt] into matrix Values and choose Sum aggregation for it.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @erihsehc,

Based on my assumption, you want a calculated table like this, right?

1.PNG

However, even we create a relationship between this calculated table and source table, the [Amount] value won't be changed according to slicer selection. Because [Amount] is initialized once we created the table. In other words, the values are static in a calculated table.

Why do you need to create such a custom table? In your scenario, if you want to display value conditionally depend on slicer, you'd better use measures. For example, add [item] from 'Sheet1' into matrix rows, add measure Sum Amount=SUM(Sheet1[amt]) into matrix values. An easier way is directly add [amt] into matrix Values and choose Sum aggregation for it.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.