cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahsanlhcgov Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

create a new column using values from another column and measures.

I am trying to create a new colum which shows the same values as "ThisYearBS" but also has a filter where I can insert value from a measure(which I have created). bs.PNG

RowTitle is a concatinated colum of two colums ROW and Title. What my goal is that where ROW = 8 insert value from a measure X. otherwise just copy the exact value from the colums ThisYearBS.

Column = IF(vBIFinancialLayouts[ReportRow] <8  , vBIFinancialLayouts[ThisYearBS] ,[Total])

gives an error Function 'CALCULATE' is not allowed as part of calculated column DAX expressions on DirectQuery models.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: create a new column using values from another column and measures.

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

Since there are some limitation to use calculated column or measure calculate the value at directquery mode, I'd like to suggest you calculate these value at "query editor".

Reference :

DAX Formula Compatibility in DirectQuery Mode (SSAS 2016)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: create a new column using values from another column and measures.

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

Since there are some limitation to use calculated column or measure calculate the value at directquery mode, I'd like to suggest you calculate these value at "query editor".

Reference :

DAX Formula Compatibility in DirectQuery Mode (SSAS 2016)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |