Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Portrek
Resolver III
Resolver III

create a custom slice filter

hello everyone. I have a question..

My data is divided into 8 types (T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8) and these types have a second division by grouping these "TS" forming by 2 groups (G1 and G2) which are marked in another column.

Sem título222.png

What I would like to do would be a filter that contemplated all the items the 8 types "t's" + the 2 groups "G's", forming a single full filter according to the following image so that I showed the individual values of the "TS" The accumulated "G"

Sem título2325.png

Is there any way to do this? Join the ratings of the two columns in a single filter?

Thanks for advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sayaliredij
Super User
Super User

You can do this in following way

1. Create New Column in your table which contains T1, G1 assignment

2. I am naming column with T1, T2, T3 information as category and G1,G2 information as Group for referance

3. New Column will be 

2. I am naming column with T1, T2, T3 information as category and G1, G2 information as Group for reference

3. New Column will be as follows

2. I am naming column with T1, T2, T3 information as category and G1, G2 information as Group for reference

CategoryGroup = COMBINEVALUES("|",Category[Category],Category[Group])
4. Create new table called Slicer 
Slicer = DISTINCT(UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Category,"Selection",Category[Category],"CategoryGroup",Category[CategoryGroup]),SELECTCOLUMNS(Category,"Selection",Category[Group],"CategoryGroup",Category[CategoryGroup])))
5. Make the connection between slicer and category table using category group. and make sure its both direction

Regards,
Sayali

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others find it more quickly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sayaliredij
Super User
Super User

2. I am naming column with T1, T2, T3 information as category and G1,G2 information as Group for referance

3. New Column will be 

CategoryGroup = COMBINEVALUES("|",Category[Category],Category[Group])
4. Create new table called Slicer 
Slicer = DISTINCT(UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Category,"Selection",Category[Category],"CategoryGroup",Category[CategoryGroup]),SELECTCOLUMNS(Category,"Selection",Category[Group],"CategoryGroup",Category[CategoryGroup])))
5. Make the connection between slicer and category table using category group. and make sure its both direction

Regards,
Sayali

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others find it more quickly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.