Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

create a custom column with multiple or condition statement DAX

I am trying create a custom column with the follow DAX systax which is now working create a column with select if statement with multiple AND statements: Compliant Variable = IF([sesis_valid_subject] = "YES" & [subject_course_linked] = "YES" & [language_linked] = "YES" & [teacher_count_linked] = "YES" & [sped_properties_linked] = "YES" & [swd_certified_tchr_linked] = "YES" & [lang_certified_tchr_linked] = "YES", "Compliant") It's not working, can anyone help me? Regards, ~Bryon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bbrown44,

Could you have tried with AND function?

See below picture and code, it could filter the right row:

Column 2 = IF(AND('Table1'[Value]=2,AND(Table1[Running total]=37,AND([Column]=37,[Date]<>BLANK()))),"True")

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bbrown44,

Could you have tried with AND function?

See below picture and code, it could filter the right row:

Column 2 = IF(AND('Table1'[Value]=2,AND(Table1[Running total]=37,AND([Column]=37,[Date]<>BLANK()))),"True")

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bbrown44

You'd have to use &&, which is the AND operator, instead of &, which is the text concatenation operator.

I am not getting a syntax error here is what I am getting: Syntax: Program service Compliant = IF([sesis_valid_subject] = 1 & [subject_course_linked] = 1 & [language_linked] = 1 & [teacher_count_linked] = 1 & [sped_properties_linked] = 1 & [swd_certified_tchr_linked] = 4 & [lang_certified_tchr_linked] = 1, 1,0) Error statement "DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type Integer with values of type Text. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert one of the values."

@Bbrown44

So check that you are comparing numbers with numbers and not mixing types. In any case you will have to use the &&, since I assume you want a  logic AND instead of concatenation. The engine won't necessarily complain about that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.