Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yo_peralta23
Frequent Visitor

country by Max(parameter) to each date

Hi, 

I´m trying to do a grapf like this:

graph.PNG

New Measure is the important measure in my problem. For each date I´m obtaining the New Measure value for all countries, but I only want to obtain the country with max New Measure value for each month, for example, for March 2019 is Argentina, and for July 2019 is Colombia

I´m trying to do this with Top N filter, but it filters only by Argentina, because this country has the max TOTAL amount of New Measure along all dates.

Thanks in advance

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yo_peralta23 , 

I think you need to use measure to rank value, then you could apply the measure in filter, and you will get Top N you want. You could referto my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dax, thanks for your answer

graph.PNG

Your graph help me a lot. I´´m so close to obtain my desired result. I only need filter the strikethrough bars. As you can see, I´ve modified the graph, because the value Measure 4 is the value I want to display and also the Top N (with N=1) filter I want to apply

Have any idea about?

Thanks again

Hi @yo_peralta23 , 

This won't work for Top N filter, it will show based on category, so it might will get top 2 of total value when you add amount field in it. And when you use measure4 in it, it won't work.  So I suggest you could use my suggestions, use filter on measure which will return your expected output.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dax 

I dont know if I´m undertanding well, but your idea is "burn" the value of the measure until I filter all the other values?

Because if this is the strategy... what happens when two coutries are over the filter level... and what happens when any country are over the filter level?

This is the problem I see.

Thanks for all your support 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.