Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

count rows with multiple condition

Hi

i have two tables here below. From the first table, i want to count the opp no. but just status of won,open and lost.

Then I want to calculate the average no. of opportunity by month (of just won, open and lost) by distinct count the "month/year" from date table so I can visualise the number as a card visual.   Please help me with this!

I want to count the number of opportunity id of just open, lost and in porocessI want to count the number of opportunity id of just open, lost and in porocessDates tableDates table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-piga-msft. Thanks for your answer but that wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

I instead found out the funciton.

total opp = CALCULATE(COUNT('Opportunity'[Opp number]),'Opportunity'[Status]IN{"won","lost","did not proceed"})

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-piga-msft. Thanks for your answer but that wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

I instead found out the funciton.

total opp = CALCULATE(COUNT('Opportunity'[Opp number]),'Opportunity'[Status]IN{"won","lost","did not proceed"})

Thanks.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If you only want to calculate the count of opportunity id of open, lost and in porocess.

You have two ways to achieve that.

1. Drag the Status column to filed and select Count.

count.PNG

Then unclick Won under visual level filter as below.

Untitled.png

2. Create the measure directly.

Count =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Table1'[Opp no] ),
    FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[Status] <> "Won" )
)

Capture.PNG

If you want to calculate the average no. of opportunity by month, I'm afraid that you should have a relationship between the two tables, but I cannot find the date column in your first table so it seems that we cannot create the relationship between the two tables.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.