Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lorenzolancio
Frequent Visitor

count rows of calculated column

Cattura.PNG

Hello everybody 🙂

this table shows the turnover of the 2017 and 2018 grouped by costumer id. This table is not the data source, but is the result of a big transactional database.

In this table i have:

1st column: difference of percentage between the turnover of 2017 in column3 and of 2018 in column4.

2nd column: costumer code

I would like to find a new measure for counting the rows filtered of the first column.

I want to know how many costumer has the green, blue, yellow and red cell in the first column (the colors are the result of a conditional formatting of the value of the cell).

green: more than 0%

blue: blank

yellow: between 0 and -100%

red: -100%

I'm not good in DAX 🙂

i Hopre that someone can help me.

Thank you,

Bye!

Lorenzo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I found a solution by myself. I have discovered the SUMMARIZE function 🙂

green = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]);"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt18]>[sommafatt17] && [sommafatt17]>0 && [sommafatt18]>0))

blue = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt17]=0))

yellow = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]);"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt18]<[sommafatt17] && [sommafatt17]>0 && [sommafatt18]>0))

red = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]));[sommafatt18]=0))

Thank u very much for your suggestion, it helped me to understand how to do it.

byebye 🙂

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lorenzolancio,

You can create measures below: 

GreenCount = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Difference of percentage]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'DimSalesTerritory'[Difference of percentage]>0))

BlueCount = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Difference of percentage]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'DimSalesTerritory'[Difference of percentage]= Blank()))

YellowCount = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Difference of percentage]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'DimSalesTerritory'[Difference of percentage]>-1 && 'DimSalesTerritory'[Difference of percentage] <0 ))

RedCount = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Difference of percentage]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'DimSalesTerritory'[Difference of percentage]= -1))

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thak you very much for your answer,

but it doesn't works because the column "Difference of Percentage" is a calculated column.

When i try to put that expression the error message is "I can't find Difference of Percetage column, it doesn't exist".

I think that we sholud try to create that kind of calculation in DAX espression, and then counting the rows as we said.

Have you any idea how we can do it?

Thank you very much,

Bye!

Lorenzo

Hi @lorenzolancio,

In my sample DAX, the column "Difference of Percentage" is the "1st column: difference of percentage between the turnover of 2017 in column3 and of 2018 in column4." you mentioned in your initial post. Please replace it with your actual column name. 

If issue persists, please share the pbix file with us. If it does contain sensitive data, you can upload to your OneDrive and share the link via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You can download the Pbix file in this link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuhjNzwzxebthBbZSBMaqtY5jDjR

Thank you very much 🙂

Lorenzo

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I found a solution by myself. I have discovered the SUMMARIZE function 🙂

green = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]);"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt18]>[sommafatt17] && [sommafatt17]>0 && [sommafatt18]>0))

blue = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt17]=0))

yellow = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]);"sommafatt17";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2017]));[sommafatt18]<[sommafatt17] && [sommafatt17]>0 && [sommafatt18]>0))

red = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE]);FILTER(SUMMARIZE(TabellaMerge;TabellaMerge[COD_CLIENTE];"sommafatt18";SUM(TabellaMerge[FATTURATO_2018]));[sommafatt18]=0))

Thank u very much for your suggestion, it helped me to understand how to do it.

byebye 🙂

Lorenzo

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

How can i share the Pbix file ?

I have only the free PowerBi Desktop version.

I think i can share it on OneDrive. What is the email address where i can share the report with you?

Thank you very much,

Lorenzo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.