Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lagarto

count of records per year

Hi there, I'm very new to Power Bi and I would like to display a count of records ( incident)  per year from the SharePoint list.

The list is very simple and consists of two columns - Incident and Date. I've tried a few things and nothing works as expected. Is anyone able to help? Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lagarto 

Could you please share some sample data with expected output. It would help us to provide more specific answer.

In the meantime you can try to add  Year from date column hierarchy and take a count of your incident column directly

Date hierarrchy:-

Samarth_18_1-1627890839759.png

Count of incident:-

Samarth_18_2-1627890865755.png

final output would be:-

Samarth_18_0-1627890802552.png

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lagarto

@Samarth_18 

Thank you very much, I'm getting there now.

@ERD Thank you very much for your suggestion

Any chance I can refresh the data dashboard monthly? 

Hi @lagarto 

Good to hear it helped you. Kindly accept my answer as solution to help other.

For refreshing your data monthly you need to setup schedule refresh in Power BI Service. You can refer below article to setup your schedule refresh.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh 

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Great, I will have a look at it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regads

Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lagarto 

Could you please share some sample data with expected output. It would help us to provide more specific answer.

In the meantime you can try to add  Year from date column hierarchy and take a count of your incident column directly

Date hierarrchy:-

Samarth_18_1-1627890839759.png

Count of incident:-

Samarth_18_2-1627890865755.png

final output would be:-

Samarth_18_0-1627890802552.png

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

ERD
Super User
Super User

@lagarto ,

I'd suggest you to create a Date table, connect it to your data table (taken from SP list). Then you can use Year column from the Date table in your visual along with a measure. It would be something like

Measure = COUNT ( T[Incident] )

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.