cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lagarto

count of records per year

Hi there, I'm very new to Power Bi and I would like to display a count of records ( incident)  per year from the SharePoint list.

The list is very simple and consists of two columns - Incident and Date. I've tried a few things and nothing works as expected. Is anyone able to help? Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Samarth_18
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lagarto 

Could you please share some sample data with expected output. It would help us to provide more specific answer.

In the meantime you can try to add  Year from date column hierarchy and take a count of your incident column directly

Date hierarrchy:-

Samarth_18_1-1627890839759.png

Count of incident:-

Samarth_18_2-1627890865755.png

final output would be:-

Samarth_18_0-1627890802552.png

Thanks,

Samarth

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lagarto

@Samarth_18 

Thank you very much, I'm getting there now.

@ERD Thank you very much for your suggestion

Any chance I can refresh the data dashboard monthly? 

Hi @lagarto 

Good to hear it helped you. Kindly accept my answer as solution to help other.

For refreshing your data monthly you need to setup schedule refresh in Power BI Service. You can refer below article to setup your schedule refresh.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh 

Thanks,

Samarth

Great, I will have a look at it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regads

Samarth_18
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lagarto 

Could you please share some sample data with expected output. It would help us to provide more specific answer.

In the meantime you can try to add  Year from date column hierarchy and take a count of your incident column directly

Date hierarrchy:-

Samarth_18_1-1627890839759.png

Count of incident:-

Samarth_18_2-1627890865755.png

final output would be:-

Samarth_18_0-1627890802552.png

Thanks,

Samarth

View solution in original post

ERD
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@lagarto ,

I'd suggest you to create a Date table, connect it to your data table (taken from SP list). Then you can use Year column from the Date table in your visual along with a measure. It would be something like

Measure = COUNT ( T[Incident] )

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors