Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgilomidze
Resolver I
Resolver I

count number of dates

I have data in which first operation was at 28th of octobar 2017 and since then table is working. so i have data in 2017 and in 2018. i need to count number of days since 28/10/2017.

i used several functions: 

ALLNOBLANKROW(PRXGetAllRequestsView[1.1 მოთხოვნის შექმნის დრო +4].[Date]) -   gives me error VALUES(PRXGetAllRequestsView[1.1 მოთხოვნის შექმნის დრო +4].[Date]) - gives me error

COUNTX(PRXGetRequestTable,[მოთხოვნის შექმნის დრო 1.1 +4].[Date]<>BLANK()) - gives me error DISTINCTCOUNT(PRXGetRequestTable[მოთხოვნის შექმნის დრო 1.1 +4].[Date]) - gives me 730 (2*365)

and several others give me 730 as well.

why is it counting all the days from 01/01/2017 till 31/12/2018?

I even tried creating table, and new column with just dates but both of them are showing me 730.

how else can i count days of operational periods?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @giorgilomidze,

Are the dates in the same column or two different columns?

If it is the latter, you can simply do End Date - Start Date or DATEDIFF( StartDate, EndDate, DAY). If it is not the case, the please post a sample data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @giorgilomidze,

Are the dates in the same column or two different columns?

If it is the latter, you can simply do End Date - Start Date or DATEDIFF( StartDate, EndDate, DAY). If it is not the case, the please post a sample data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.