Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

count if sum last 12 month are greater than 0

Hi all, 

I am trying count how many active employees in current month (based in the slicer selection) had bonus in the last 12 months. 

Exemple: 

If i select FEB/2021, i'd like to get the number of employees active in FEB/2021 which get bonus in the last 12 months (from FEB/2020 until JAN/2021) . 

I have a measure to calucalate the active employees per month which is working fine, and i create a measure to calculate the total of bonus paid in the last 12 months: 

CALCULATE( SUM(Bonus[Value]),
 DATESBETWEEN(_Calendar[DATE], 
FIRSTDATE ( PARALLELPERIOD ( _Calendar[DATE], -12, MONTH ) ), 
FIRSTDATE ( PARALLELPERIOD ( _Calendar[DATE], -1, MONTH ) ) ) )

The employee table and bonus table are linked by the employee ID. 

I tried to calcualte the number of active employee in the last 12 months with this kind of formula: 

CALCULATE ( [HC - employee] , [Bonus last 12 months] > 0 ) 

however is not possible to use measure or calculate as filter.  is there anyway i can achive it ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

In card visual,you need to generate a temporary table and then filter data in this  table, please change your new measure as below:

Measure_2 = 
VAR tab =
    SUMMARIZE ( bonus, Emploloyees[Name], "Headcount", [HEADCOUNT] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [HEADCOUNT], FILTER ( tab, [Bonus paid] > 0 ) )

In table visual,you  can directly drag your field "measure" to visual pane to filter the data.

93.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

In card visual,you need to generate a temporary table and then filter data in this  table, please change your new measure as below:

Measure_2 = 
VAR tab =
    SUMMARIZE ( bonus, Emploloyees[Name], "Headcount", [HEADCOUNT] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [HEADCOUNT], FILTER ( tab, [Bonus paid] > 0 ) )

In table visual,you  can directly drag your field "measure" to visual pane to filter the data.

93.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked like a glove. 

Thanks a lost for the help.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Have you tried to use visual filter pane to filter the data?

I'm a little confused by your description.

Please share your sample data and expected output  which would help tremendously.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi here is a sample of the pbix 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uh9z16ua41v9tm/sample.pbix?dl=0 

So what i am trying to achive is to have a measure whihc will return the number of  active employees who get bonus paid in the last 12 months. 

So as i put in the sample, i have: 

• Table with employee data (ID, Name, start date and leaving date) 
  • Table with bonus paid montlhy (date, ID, amount) 

So I have a measure called HEADCOUNT, which return the number of active employees based in the calendar slice selection. 

I also have a measure called BONUS PAID, which returns the total of bonus paid in the last 12 months. 

Now based on the number of active employees for that month i need to caount how many get bonus paid in the last 12 monts. 

So the expected result would be: 

from the 5 employees that ate listed, I have 4 active in JUN/20 and out his 4 , 1 get 0 bonus amount in the last 12 months, so i would like to get as return 3, which reflects the number of employees active who got bonus in the last 12 months. 

I has trying to calculate it using the following DAX: 

Calculate( [HEADCOUNT], [BONUS PAID] > 0 ) 

however in the calulate expression is not possible to use a measure in the filter section. 

I also tried :

IF( BONUS>0, [HEADCOUNT])  however the result is giving me is 4. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.