Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

copy visual as image

Hi all,

i need some help when trying to copy a visual as image. I know that a recent patch made it available, and its showing for me as an option. But when I select the option (and get the confirmation it was copied to clipboard), and try to paste, all I get is a data-table (looks like the legend for the visual i want to copy) and not the visual itself. Right mouse button gives me 3 paste options (keep source formatting, merge formatting, keep text only; paste as image is not available)

I've tried:

> updating to latest PBI DT version (2.80.5803.1061 64b)

> pasting in different target areas (outlook, word, powerpoint, no not-MS available though)

> following all steps described at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-copy-paste, although the "copy icon" function remains invisible to me no matter what i do

Anyone got any ideas? 

Kind regards,

Ramon

7 REPLIES 7
JohannTTG
Helper I
Helper I

Just a add on:

- I have a really simple report - a report-internal data table  with 2 cols, values 1,2 3,4,5

- I bar chart on this table

- I published the report

- In app.powerbi.com I open the report, I use the header-icon to "copy the visual as image" and get a success

- Cntrl-V in Word / Powerpoint just inserts the title and some additional text information but not the bar chart itself

- If I look into the clibboard (Windows-V - has to be enabled before: https://www.howtogeek.com/671222/how-to-enable-and-use-clipboard-history-on-windows-10/) I just see the text, not the picture

- Copy / paste of pictures works fine for any other picture (e.g.from Facebook)

Any help is appreciated!

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

link you are researching is for copy visual to other project or other place in the project as visual element of report

Copying visual as image are working only in Service according https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-copy-a-visual-as-an-image/

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @az38 , thanks for the quick reply. Despite trying to be very careful, the URL you posted is exactly the URL i wanted to paste. Apparently didnt pay enough attention when posting... Sorry for the inconvenience. Rest of the question remains the same:

If I compare the example given on that page with my own adventures, all I get when copy pasting is the data table. The graph is nowhere to be seen...

Any ideas?

R.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

what kind of visual do you try to copy?

If it is built-in visual is a reason to create an issue here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

If not, you will need to contact with visual authors, I think.

And make sure, you are trying to copy visual from Service, not from Desktop version

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @az38 ,

im trying to copy the simplest of pie charts, created from an equally simple data set :). And yes, i published it online and im trying to access it from there, not from the DT

R.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

yes, I confirm. Maybe some authorization issue

@amitchandak @MFelix @Greg_Deckler can you help us?

LinkedIn

Hi,

are there any news concerning this issue? Very resently I run into the same problem ...

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.