Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

awillem
Frequent Visitor

copy a table into new file

I am trying to copy data from a table I created appending 254 separate tables into one.  (The data in the appended table comprises over 25 million rows and 26 columns.)   I want to copy the appended table into a new file and save it separately, so that the new table does not rely on the 254 tables used to append it.  I cannot figure out how to do this.  I have tried "copy" "copy table", etc.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  Thank you.  

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming this is a once off step you only want to do once, I would go into the Data View of your Power BI Desktop, find your table in the Field Selector and right-click on its name.  Choose the option "Copy Table", which will attempt to copy the data into your clipboard.  From here, paste the data into Excel.  You can use this Excel table as your data source for a new file.

I don't believe Excel will support more than one million rows.  The data I am using has 25 million rows.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.