cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pellegrino
Regular Visitor

convert mathematical equations stored as text into the mathematical answer within m

Pellegrino_0-1636175294843.png

I have a simple equation stored as text. Is there a straight forward manner in which I can convert this to the mathematical answer, instead of splitting the colums by the + delimeter, storing the split mumers as a numer and then creating a new colun to get what I want?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Expression.Evaluate  with the column should do it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Expression.Evaluate  with the column should do it

soz hotchilli, but as a newbie to m i still can't get my head around it. Here is the query i have. It's gone through a number of steps to get to the below. How do I use Expression.Evaluate against the whole query, which for the sake of simplicity is called #"Nearly There".  I want to Evaluate the entire column Entry Fee. Thanks in advance

Pellegrino_0-1638639350032.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!