Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amardeep100115
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

convert Line Break Values

Hi how to convert Line Break Values from One Cell to Multiple rows in power bi, i have a imported excel there is an 3 cilumn has line break values first column is has Text, second has date, thisrd has number + hypen Please find the below onedrive link in which i have shared excel file, i wish to saperate line break cell and convert into row for below column.

Results should be like below

Sum of Rent = $ 750,562,274

Sum of RENT2 = $ 753,108,337

i wish to convert/split them in to row and the data visuals should be reflact on filter selection of the month on visulisation page. i wish to have a table on visulisation page which include data like in wxcel file but it should be replact or change on the selection of monthand display for that month with upcoming expiring product details . Please note sum of rent should not be exceed than in excel. i tried to split column and then i noticed that rent value gets multiple according to rows after splitting any colum 

Excel Data 

AB
3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Amardeep100115 what sheet you are referring to in excel ? Is it sheet2? What would be the logic to split the line. Can you provide some example in Excel, it will help to provide the solution.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

Sorry for dalay in reply.

Please have a look of the shared data and my earlier threate on community for your reference.

Could you please help me with new table in query editor without disturbing  the results sheet values, which i shown in RESULT TAB in excel by Month

also

i wish to see the results in which month which poduct is newly added and and stopped producing and  in another month it get re start production and it's count based on sample data Month | New | Closed table should be like this 

Sample data 

Reference Threate  

Please help me

AB

Did you got the results for my query

AB

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.