Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

content pack changes

i created the content pack for the users to play and create the own versions of reports . I have few questions in below :

1) if i added any chnages or modifications to the original report .Will the report in the content pack chnages automatically or do i delete it and publish the content pack again?.

2) when i created the content pack it is not appearing in my organization but is appearing in organizational content packs.may i know the reason why it is not appearing in my organization ?.

3) if i configure the refresh the report to refresh will the report in content pack refreshes only if the business user as the access for the datset right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, When you have a workspace this is the prefered sharing method now for PBI, If sharing non editable reports then controling via apps would be the way to go. 

If as you state you need your users to edit there own versions of the reports you would control from the workspace. As already stated the user can take a copy of the report and edit without effecting the Prod report - Another option is if your measures etc are all defined in the dataset they could use this to create there own version of the report which will updated using the same gateway as your report. 

If this has helped please mark as solution 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, When you have a workspace this is the prefered sharing method now for PBI, If sharing non editable reports then controling via apps would be the way to go. 

If as you state you need your users to edit there own versions of the reports you would control from the workspace. As already stated the user can take a copy of the report and edit without effecting the Prod report - Another option is if your measures etc are all defined in the dataset they could use this to create there own version of the report which will updated using the same gateway as your report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

you should be using app workspaces, here's two different very informative videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey5pyrr7Lk8&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQP4_kgv7xk

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your videos . I have beow questions:

I need the business users to edit the dashboard what is the best option to do . I know we need to create the content packs but in the below videos it was saying that option is going away can you help me here .

@Anonymous

You can create an app workspace and add the people you want to collaborate with

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

LivioLanzo if we create the app work space it may not work for below case .

I created the x  Report and published in abc app work space . I had business users John he want to edit the report if he made the changes to orginal report x it as prod version which gets impacted .Which is not my case . He should take the report x and he should be able to play with it in power bi service by making a copy of it . Is there any option for it other than content pack ?. 

@Anonymous

You can create a copy of the report inside your shared workspace which he can play with

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.