Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

emmaclarke83
Helper I
Helper I

connection to a cube

I have been able to connect to a cube in Excel using MSOLAP.5 provider and it works perfectly.  I have been trying to connect to the same cube using the datasource SQL Server Analylsis Services but I am getting the error:

unable to connect
we encountered an error while trying to connect
details: "AnalysisServices: object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can anyone suggest a solution ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever figure out how to get to your incontact DDA data in Power BI? 

ryangiesen
Regular Visitor

I am looking to do the same thing.  I think this is the only way I can connect to NICE InContact data, but it does not currently work.  Would love to know if anyone was able to find a workaround.

Well i heard from the support team, apparently this feature was never supposed to work hence now that its broken, they are not going to fix it !!

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@emmaclarke83

Did you configure HTTP Access to SSAS cube? 

Currently, HTTP Access is not supported for connecting SSAS in Power BI Desktop. 

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I'm still looking into this. What's the Status of this?

This is critical for us. Why was this feature removed and when will it be added back?

Was this feature removed in the latest versions of BI? it works in the June version.

And do you know when it will be added back in?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.