Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Peta_g
Helper I
Helper I

connecting Xero in Desktop (free or Pro)or being able to edit model / dashboard / reports in service

Hi

I've been searching posts & YouTube & they're mostly all years old & talk about the old content packs.

Are we yet able to make edits when using the MS Xero connector? My edit button is not active - I'm an admin. Is it not possible or there's another problem perhaps? I want to be able to customise tiles, create measures & use slicers & modify model.

How can I link to Xero from the Desktop when it's not listed as a Common Data Source? (Other than using a 3rd Party app)

Is the only way going via Excel / Google Sheets etc?

Much appreciate any tips /advice.

cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you are referring to this in the Service: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-xero

Perhaps you can download the PBIX and then make modifications to the model? You are not allowed to edit any model in the Service directly.

So third party applications, yes. Yeah, I don't see Xero listed here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/commondataservice/

I guess you need to tell Xero to step up their game...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hey Greg

Thanks yes your link is what I did. But needed to confirm still can't edit model or get Xero as a data source.

Tried to download to PBI Desktop but it's just taking me to the app store even though I've got PBI open.

After seeing some posts from 2018 re not being able to download datasets from live online connections (e.g. Xero) - seems nothing has changed??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.