Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sebastienke
Helper III
Helper III

configuration of incremental refresh

Hi, 

I would like to set up an incremental refresh in my model, but when I refresh it in power bi service, historical data don't appear. They seem to not have been loaded.

I think I know why, but before changing all my model to test it (which will take a lot of time) , I prefer asking the question here first.

In all my queries, I have created one query which allows me to set up common steps for different others queries, including the date that I use to configure my incremental refresh.

sebastienke_0-1636472536894.png

• "_Setup - Stock + E&O" is loaded into my model (I don't have choice if I want to configure it with an incremental refresh)
  • "STOCK" is loaded into my model and this is the table in which I want incremental data  
  • Stk tot, Stk VB, Stk X3PF are not loaded into my model (I don't want to) but they are queries that I need to merge to build "STOCK"

So my question is this one :

do you think that the reason my incremental refresh is not working is because the choice of date is not in the same query than the final one ("STOCK") ? or maybe because I am using intermediate queries that are not loaded into my model ?

Thank you for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sebastienke
Helper III
Helper III

Actually I have found a solution here :
https://www.thinkbi.de/2020/03/29/incremental-refresh-with-subqueries/

DateTime parameters used in subqueries need also to appear in the final query, even if it is a "fake filter".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sebastienke
Helper III
Helper III

Actually I have found a solution here :
https://www.thinkbi.de/2020/03/29/incremental-refresh-with-subqueries/

DateTime parameters used in subqueries need also to appear in the final query, even if it is a "fake filter".

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" including the date that I use to configure my incremental refresh"

Incremental Refresh needs DateTime parameters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.