Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

conditional formatting "ok" button not activated

Hello - seems I am struggling with something rather basic.   Within the conditional color formatting for the treemap visual - the "ok" botton remains inactive upon completion.   It's like not having everything filled out properly.

What am I missing.   I have tried different measures, and the Low/High values don't seem to be required given the default option.   I have tried multiple combinations.  

Anybody have the magic wand to activiate the ok botton 🙂  ugh!

PS - can't believe I;m submitting something so basic -but I'm befuddled!   Thank You!

TreeMap.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Dellis81 

As below are three options in conditional format:

1.Color scale
Based on the measure/summarized column numerical value

2.Rules
Similar to color scale, but with a specific color for each range of values

3.Field Value

You can use color code values from the data model itself!

You may refer to this blog for more details: Conditional formatting by field value in Power BI

I try to use measure in color scale like yours and I could select "OK' botton. My measure return to Decimal number as well.

1.png

Here I have some advice.

1. Please check whether your desktop has the latest version: Version: 2.87.762.0 64-bit (Nov 2020)

2. Please check the type of your measure.

If all is correct, please provide me a sample like yours or share your pbix file by your Onedrive for Business with me.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Thank you for following up.   I am able to get the first option - "Color Scale" to work as needed.   I was going down the third trail of "Fields", of which that didn't work.   I don't understand the difference between option 1 & 3, but now I know option 1 is a first choice.   Again - thank you, and apologize for not responding more quickly.   This is a busy season for me....

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dellis81 , Check if your measure based on field returns text or date? I tried the same and I am getting the ok button. Also check the version of Power BI. Nov 2020 is released and may be an upgrade issue.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, I am running the NOV20 release.     And the measure I am using is a valid decimal number.   But - as I have been playing around - (TreeMap visual) - I have noticed under Data colors/advanced corntrol - the first two options (blue circled) allow for the selection of the measure.   I am wanting to use "Field Value" (red) - and that option appears not to be working?

Seems this same issue was challenging me 6-8 months ago.   Will I have to change my thought process and use another either rules or color scale?  Thank you!

ColorsAdvControls.PNG

Hi @Dellis81 

As below are three options in conditional format:

1.Color scale
Based on the measure/summarized column numerical value

2.Rules
Similar to color scale, but with a specific color for each range of values

3.Field Value

You can use color code values from the data model itself!

You may refer to this blog for more details: Conditional formatting by field value in Power BI

I try to use measure in color scale like yours and I could select "OK' botton. My measure return to Decimal number as well.

1.png

Here I have some advice.

1. Please check whether your desktop has the latest version: Version: 2.87.762.0 64-bit (Nov 2020)

2. Please check the type of your measure.

If all is correct, please provide me a sample like yours or share your pbix file by your Onedrive for Business with me.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

please check this screenshot. i am not able to scroll right or down to get the ok button. what to do ?please check this screenshot. i am not able to scroll right or down to get the ok button. what to do ?

I am not able to find / scroll left or down to get the ok button. i am not sure why is this happending in this window.

this window open is from considitional formating --> background color --> window opened 

how to solve this ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.