Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

conditional formatting probs

hi,

i have been trying to color my (line & clustered column) chart with conditional formatting based on the following settings:

Capture02.JPG

where i wish to have green color for +ve valued columns & peach color for -ve valued columns.

somehow it works for some charts but not working for others where the supposedly -ve valued columns are still in green (when they should be in peach color). here's a typical problematic chart showing -ve valued columns are in green color:

Capture01.JPG when i reviewed the setting, it seems that it's perpetually changed as follows despite changing them repeatedly to setting as per the 1st graphics:

Capture03.JPG

i'd appreciate if someone can assist to advise how to resolve this.

tks & krgds, -nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I've had the same problem couple weeks ago. When i copied a visual and edited it it did not work, but when i remade the visual from scratch the logic did work. 

Hope this helps you out.

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

i think such behaviour is a consiquence of grey words "minimum" and "maximum" usage in first screenshots

It is the only hints, not exactly minimum and maximum values. You should point exact values in conditions

Also, "percent" is default unit for conditional formatting.

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

tks for your response too, @az38.

can you kindly advise what exact values should i put in there instead to get red as i have tried it (using '0') without success many times earlier?

krgds, -nik 

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I've had the same problem couple weeks ago. When i copied a visual and edited it it did not work, but when i remade the visual from scratch the logic did work. 

Hope this helps you out.

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep... i redo the whole chart fm scratch & got it right.

anyway, it's probably a bug in the format painter that needs to be mended as it (format painter) is a very useful item if you need to redo the same formatting for many other charts efficiently.

many tks.

krgds, -nik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.