Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Creea1
Frequent Visitor

conditional formatting does not apply where some (other) fields are missing

I have a Table visualisation which has fields from two Joined tables, one of the fields that is always populated is the statusCol field which is the hex for a color.  I have set up field value field background color conditional formatting on statusCol. 

NB: I am using direct query to a power bi dataflow as a data source.

Creea1_1-1632863309570.png

However; the background color only displays where the join condition is satisfied between both tables, even though the field value is always there.

Creea1_0-1632863228239.png

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Creea1 ,

I'm not clear about your requirement. Do you mean that the conditional formatting for the field statusCol was not correct? Could you please provide some sample data and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? Thank you.

In addition, you can refer the solution in the following threads to make conditional formatting for your visual.

Use conditional formatting in tables

Conditional tables slicing in DirectQuery

conditional formatting by field not available for direct query

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.