cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

conditional formating - strange behavior

I have a calculated column that just takes the difference of today's data and another date.   The output of which is the number of days shown in the 2nd column below.    I have a divergent conditional format applied, but for some reason, I get different colors even when the values are exactly the same  (and the respective dates are also the same).  

And the conditional color does not seem to apply consistently down the data series.   You can see below that the 58 is blue, then a dark red 54...followed by a dark blue 54...then another dark red 54, etc.... 

Any idea why this is happening?  

PO.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: conditional formating - strange behavior

Can you share your pbix so we can reproduce the issue? Please remove sensitive data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: conditional formating - strange behavior

Hello,

Unfortunately it's not easy to change my file and send to you. 

However, I did change the conditional from summing to instead using an average.   This seems to have fixed the problem, although I still don't know why it does that if I use "sum".  

But thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors